Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Surrealism

"Home Away From Home"


People can look into their subconscious by analyzing and studying their own dreams. Dreams have always been known to show us what we really want even if we do not know it ourselves. In this picture, I showed the place I escape to when I dream and the objects waiting for me there. The motorcycle shows me my lust for some kind of adventure and escape. The waterfall depicts how I follow currents in the world, the fact that it comes from the tree and leads to ground means I start from life but if I carry on with the flow it will lead me no where. My dreams are always at night; this means my comfort in ignorance. I live my life in the unknown for the truth may be not what I want to know. How I am walking to the moon is another example of my need to escape my world I live in right now. The footprints left behind are backwards portraying how I will end up where I started regardless of how far I walk.

No comments: